Day 2 of educating your child (simplistically) about Earth Day with the help of Fancy Nancy!
Fancy Nancy: Every Day is Earth Day.
Review copy provided courtesy of publisher.
Fans of Fancy Nancy will love her return in this "I Can Read" story! Not only does Nancy return, full of fancy words for her readers, she also introduces her readers on how to be "green" - a relatively new term that encourages being Earth conscience and taking care of the Earth that provides for us. Specifically, Nancy and her family work together (after a bit of priming, anyways) to make their family a "Green Family." Together, they create some family rules to follow to stay green:
- Less than a mile? Then bike in style.
- Please take note. Always bring a tote.
- In cold weather, keep the room temperature low.
It's better to wear a sweater.
- Don't waste water. Get clean, but stay green.
- As a family, discuss what it means to "be green." Talk about why being green is important. Then, together, create a family poster of ways in which your family will "be green." For example, start a compost pile so meal waste doesn't go directly to trash facilities! Work together and brainstorm a list, then work hard to put the poster in effect in your home!
If you're interested in finding out more information about any of the books reviewed or if you'd like to purchase the books, click the cover image for a link to Amazon.com. I am an Amazon Affiliate, so any purchases you make after clicking these images will result in my receiving a small percentage of the sale price!