It's Friday... and the Olympics are on (tonight and for another week). What better night than to make some homemade pizza, kick-back and relax while watching this world-wide sporting extravaganza?!
Cool Pizza to Make and Bake (Easy Recipes for Kids to Cook).
Abdo Publishing Co.
Review copy borrowed from local library.
This is a very interesting concept book for kids, as it shares not only some easy pizza recipes for their enjoyment, but is also full of information relevant to the making of pizza - tools that will be needed, cooking terms, and even the coolest pizza ingredients (although I was disappointed that my personal favorite, flatbread shells, weren't among those mentioned)!
- Share the book together as a family. Mention that each person will be allowed to create his/her personal favorite for Friday Night's Pizza Party!
- Determine what your "crust" will be... Traditional dough, bagels, or pita bread?
- What kind of cheese(s) will you use: Monterey Jack, Mozzarella, Parmesan, Cheddar?
- Toppings? Mushrooms, Black (or my favorite, Green) Olives, Pepperoni, Canadian Bacon, Pineapple, Onions, Green Pepper? Or any others that your family deems necessary for the perfect pizza!
- Purchase the required ingredients... if making tradition dough, work together as a family to do the mixing!
- Work together and recreate the Pizza-Riffic sauce (recipe is included)!
- Then, top your pizzas your way! Offer each other ideas and suggestions to increase communication as a household!
- Kick-back, settle down in front of the Olympics and enjoy those pizzas!
If you're interested in finding out more information about any of the books reviewed or if you'd like to purchase the books, click the cover image for a link to Amazon.com. I am an Amazon Affiliate, so any purchases you make after clicking these images will result in my receiving a small percentage of the sale price!