Sunday, January 10, 2010

2010 Book Challenges

Well, I've once again decided to enter several book challenges for 2010 - It's taken me some time to compile my list, but here it is!


This challenge encourages readers to try and read one book and/or author for each letter of the alphabet. You can join to participate for just authors, just titles or both! While the challenge asks that you read the authors/titles in order, alphabetically, I likely won't do that... but I thought it would be fun to participate in the challenge anyways!


Each month celebrates a holiday of some sort. Based on the holiday, participators are asked to read a book that goes along with that holiday... For example, the notable that I've chosen to celebrate during the month of January is snow. So, I'll be choosing some sort of a book that deals with snow or has snow in the title!


Very simple one here! Read at least 8 chick lit novels between now and December 31, 2010.


This sounds like a very fun one to me!
So here's how it works: Between January 1 and December 31, 2010, read one book in each of the following categories:
  1. A book with a food in the title: Clockwork Orange, Grapes of Wrath, The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
  2. A book with a body of water in the title: A River Runs through It, Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters, The Lake House
  3. A book with a title (queen, president) in the title: The Murder of King Tut, The Count of Monte Cristo, Lady Susan
  4. A book with a plant in the title: A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, Wind in the Willows, The Name of the Rose
  5. A book with a place name (city, country) in the title: Out of Africa; London; Between, Georgia
  6. A book with a music term in the title: Song of Solomon, Ragtime, The Piano Teacher
The book titles are just suggestions, you can read whatever book you want to fit the category.

The goal here is to read 1oo or more books between now and December 31, 2010. I participated in this challenge last year and was successful... I read 101 books! Titles can be found here! My goal this year is to read 105!

0 comments: