Saturday, January 10, 2009

Weekly Blog Plan, January 12-16

Here’s the weekly blog plan! Again, please remember this is subject to change and is dependent upon whether or not my materials come in from the library as planned. I realize that this may fall too late for you to use in your classroom this year, but the activities will definitely swing from year-to-year! If you see something you really wante to incorporate into your classroom, leave me a comment on this post or send me an e-mail, kateh12783@hotmail.com. I’d be glad to provide you with the links I have, if nothing more!

Monday, January 12 – National Clean-Off-Your-Desk Day (second Monday in January)
o Messy Bessey’s School Desk, Pat McKissack
o Second Grade Rules, Amber Brown, Paula Danziger
o Super-Completely and Totally the Messiest, Judith Viorst

Tuesday, January 13 – Michael Bond’s Birthday (83)
o Choose 3 Paddington stories

Wednesday, January 14 – National Oatmeal Month
o Don’t Forget the Oatmeal, B.G. Ford
o Oats and Wild Apples, Frank Asch

Thursday, January 15 – Martin Luther King, Jr. Birthday (80)
o A Picture Book of Martin Luther King, Jr, David Adler
o Thank You, Dr. King, Robin Reid
o My Dream of Martin Luther King, Faith Ringgold

Friday January 16 – National Nothing Day
o Ma! There’s Nothing to do Here!, Barbara Park
o There’s Nothing to Do on Mars, Chris Gall
o Nothing to Do, Douglas Wood

1 comments:

style='clear: both;' Corey Schwartz said...

Oh, sorry., I see you have the Amber Brown book listed here (I didn't see it in the post above) My daughter loves it. (and she's not even old enough to have her own desk at school yet!)