Life Cycles: Worms.
Lerner Publishing Group, Inc.
This very simple non-fictional text depicting the life cycle of a worm is very much appropriate for the Kindergarten thru 2nd Grade Level. The read-abliity is appropriate for beginning readers but allows room for much discussion.
The photographs that are provided alongside the text allow readers to realistically visualize the worm and it's habitat. This would definitely be a great addition to any unit on life cycles!
Lesson Plans/Book Activities:
- The Adventures of Herman
- Teaching with Worms
- Wiggle, Squiggle, Slimy Worms
- Worm Week Teaching Resources (Great worksheets!)
Other Great Books about Worms
- Diary of a Worm, Doreen Cronin
- Wiggling Worms at Work, Wendy Pfeffer
- An Earthworm's Life, John Himmelman
- Wonderful Worms, Linda Glaser
If you're interested in finding out more information about any of the books reviewed or if you'd like to purchase the books, click the cover image for a link to Amazon.com.