Combine summer reading with a rewarding activity!
Review copy provided courtesy of publisher.
Dinosaur and baseball fans will take delight in this lyrical story relating the events of final game of the baseball season. The plant-eating Green Sox take on the meat-eating Rib-Eye Reds. The two teams battle for the title as champion, all the while giving readers a great deal to cheer about!
The vivid illustrations and lyrical text make the story more than worthy of an enthusiast cheery read that children will love! In fact, you could actually combine this book with a reading incentive to get your child(ren) reading this summer - and that in itself makes the book worthy of a read!
- Create a themed reading pack for your child, complete with a reward for reading ten books this summer. In the pack include tickets to a local team's baseball game (obviously later in the summer, so your child has time to finish reading the stories), the local team's jersey (or tee), a baseball cap, a new baseball, a pack of baseball cards and the following ten books (or you can borrow a selection of dinosaur and baseball books from your local library):
1. Dino-Baseball, Lisa Wheeler
2. The Magic School Bus in the Time of the Dinosaurs, Joanna Cole and Bruce Degen
3. Digging Up Dinosaurs, Aliki
4. Tyrannosaurus Math, Michelle Markel
5. Craze Maze: Dinosaur Mazes, Don-Oliver Matthies
6. Trading Baseball Cards: Learning the Symbols +, -, and (Math for the Real World), Jessica Baron
7. Baseball Treasures, Stephen Wong
8. The Boy Who Saved Baseball, John H. Ritter
9. Baseball Saved Us, Ken Mochizuki
10. H is for Home Run: A Baseball Alphabet, Brad Herzog
If you're interested in finding out more information about any of the books reviewed or if you'd like to purchase the books, click the cover image for a link to Amazon.com. I am an Amazon Affiliate, so any purchases you make after clicking these images will result in my receiving a small percentage of the sale price!