A much-welcomed sequel to Hello, Cupcake!
Tack, Karen & Alan Richardson.
What's New, Cupcake?
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt.
Review copy provided courtesy of publisher.
Team Karen Tack and Alan Richardson return to wow readers with yet another wonderfully fun book dedicated wholly to cupcakes! In this sequel to Hello, Cupcake!, readers are given directions and tips to create a whole wealth of cute, creative cupcakes using some of the simplest ingredients you could possibly think of! From goldfish to mums and artist's palettes to indian corn, readers can easily duplicate these great looking cupcakes for any occasion!
I have yet to try creating any of the specific cupcakes in the book... I'm just waiting for the opportunity (and of course, time) to present itself. I might just have to plan a day dedicated to baking the cupcakes and then decorating them a few at a time with all the clever decorations! This would be a super-fun activity to do with your child(ren) - or as a different kind of birthday party idea. Create a cupcake bar - bake off some plain vanilla or chocolate cupcakes and set out a counter full of decorations to use and create some fun cupcakes.
In the meantime, I'll leave you with a slideshow of some cakes/cupcakes I created (not with the use of Hello, Cupcake! or What's New, Cupcake), but are clever and were fun to create never-the-less!
HOW TO ENTER THE GIVEAWAY:
- In a comment on this post, share with me (and my readers) the creative cupcake you (and your child) created. Describe the piece and the process your child took to create the piece.
- Then, in an email, addressed to: KateH12783@hotmail.com, send me a picture of you and/or your child and "the" cupcake. YOU DON'T NEED TO INCLUDE DETAILS ABOUT YOUR CHILD (i.e. Name, Age, etc). When submitting the photo, in the subject line, be sure to include "What's New Cupcake?"
- Be sure to leave an email address along with your comment.
- Deadline to enter is Saturday, August 14th at 11:59PM EST.
- For an extra entry(or three):
1. Become a subscriber/follower of my blog (+1)
2. Blog about this giveaway on your own blog and leave a link in your comment (+1)
3. Leave a tweet on your Twitter page and then leave a link in your comment (+1)
- Contest is open to U.S. Residents only, sorry for any inconveniences!
- Winner will be selected by at random (everyone who enters a cupcake has the chance to win - winner is not selected by quality/creativeness of cupcake submitted) by Saturday, August 21st and will receive a copy of What's New, Cupcake?.
If you're interested in finding out more information about any of the books reviewed or if you'd like to purchase the books, click the cover image for a link to Amazon.com. I am an Amazon Affiliate, so any purchases you make after clicking these images will result in my receiving a small percentage of the sale price!